Determining Your Needs
Not sure which casting method is right for your project? Here are some key questions you should ask yourself:
1) What material is the part to be made of?
2) What are the projected order quantities and annual quantities?
3) What is the desired surface finish?
4) What tolerance range is necessary?
5) Is there significant machining required to the finished part?
6) Initial tooling costs differ greatly from one casting process to another. Which is more important to the project: tooling price or casting price?
Knowing the answers to these questions will help guide you toward the optimum casting method and help you avoid over-spending.
Use the information provided in the “Choosing Your Casting Method” option or simply contact any one of our sales or engineering professionals. Put our expertise to work for you.